Thursday, March 31, 2011

How you Know it is Opening Day!


Here are some reasons that you know it is opening day: 
  • A sense of optimism is in the air as each team and its followers hope that this is the year for them.
  • There is an increase of baseball apparel with fans proudly displaying team hats, uniforms and other team gear.
  •  Sell-out crowds in cities that don’t usually have many throughout the season.
  • Team rosters are down to 25 players and you don’t have to keep referring to your media guide to know who is entering the game for your team, at least not for every player.
  • There is snow in northern cities such as Cleveland and Chicago as we have seen in the past; someone should tell Mother Nature it is baseball season.
  • Vin Scully is back in the broadcast booth. The legendary Dodgers announcer does it better than anyone is style and experience is second to none. What I would give to have one conversation with him as he is a walking history book of the game. For anyone that has not yet I suggest you read “Pull up a Chair: The Vin Scully Story” by Curt Smith it is a great read.  
  •  I say my goodbyes to my parents, especially my mother and let her know not to worry, I will call her in six months once the season is over, until then I’ll be preoccupied. 
Hope you enjoy opening day and enjoy the 2011 season as much as I will.
Be sure to add some of your own reasons that you enjoy opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment